"Just one word... BACKSLIDER!!" I <3 the Toadies.
But that is not what this post is about, an awesome mid-90's Toadies song. This post is about me owning up to my backslider ways. I realized, thanks to Facebook posting status updates from 2009 & 2010, that I started this blog & this journey 12 months ago and only have 12lbs to show for it. Not that I am begrudging my 12lbs weight loss, I am pleased with that. I just thought I'd be much further along by now. I am gonna have to rename this blog "Finding myself fit in my 40's."
True to most things in my life, I was really excited about this for about a month (maybe a bit more) before quitting. I did really well - I committed 100%... and then.... well, then I fell off. I quit going to the exercise classes, stopped eating healthy, getting plenty of rest, etc.
So, I have decided to own up to some things:
- I have had 2 Big Macs in as many weeks (no fries, though)
- Ditto for Sonic Kickin' Coneys & tots
- and for Braum's Premium Ice Cream cones (Chocolate Almond double scoops)
- and Popeye's Spicy chicken Strips w/red beans & rice.
- I haven't been back to yoga (or any exercise) in two full weeks - I do miss that.
- I stopped recording my food on MyFitnessPal (probably because I didn't want to face up to the 1000+ calories in those meals.)
Why did/does this happen?
- Feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of it all
- I am afraid of what life will be like if I get thin/healthy - sounds CRAZY, I know, but is true.
- Blog regularly to clear my mind & conscious.
- Have a Weigh-in Wednesday and report the results no matter what they are.
- Keep the water routine going
- Record my meals on MyFitnessPal - Kickin' Coneys' and all. I need to know what is going in my system.
- Go back to yoga
- Investigate what exercise classes are being offered at the MAC this semester
- Plan weekly meals (I stopped doing that, too)
- Be aware when I start to give-up and FORCE myself not to.