Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Backslider



"Just one word... BACKSLIDER!!" I <3 the Toadies.

But that is not what this post is about, an awesome mid-90's Toadies song. This post is about me owning up to my backslider ways. I realized, thanks to Facebook posting status updates from 2009 & 2010, that I started this blog & this journey 12 months ago and only have 12lbs to show for it. Not that I am begrudging my 12lbs weight loss, I am pleased with that. I just thought I'd be much further along by now. I am gonna have to rename this blog "Finding myself fit in my 40's."

True to most things in my life, I was really excited about this for about a month (maybe a bit more) before quitting. I did really well - I committed 100%... and then.... well, then I fell off. I quit going to the exercise classes, stopped eating healthy, getting plenty of rest, etc.

So, I have decided to own up to some things:
  1. I have had 2 Big Macs in as many weeks (no fries, though)
  2. Ditto for Sonic Kickin' Coneys & tots
  3. and for Braum's Premium Ice Cream cones (Chocolate Almond double scoops)
  4. and Popeye's Spicy chicken Strips w/red beans & rice.
  5. I haven't been back to yoga (or any exercise) in two full weeks - I do miss that.
  6. I stopped recording my food on MyFitnessPal (probably because I didn't want to face up to the 1000+ calories in those meals.)
So, was anything saved? YES!!. I have maintained my water-intake. I even took my 240z refillable Copco cup with me to Boston. (Sarah Engledow Brown will be proud). AND I think I only gained 1lb, we'll see tomorrow when I weight in.

Why did/does this happen?
  1. Boredom
  2. Laziness
  3. Rebellion
  4. Stress
  5. Feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of it all
  6. I am afraid of what life will be like if I get thin/healthy - sounds CRAZY, I know, but is true.
What am I gonna go about it (in no particular order)?
  1. Blog regularly to clear my mind & conscious.
  2. Have a Weigh-in Wednesday and report the results no matter what they are.
  3. Keep the water routine going
  4. Record my meals on MyFitnessPal - Kickin' Coneys' and all. I need to know what is going in my system.
  5. Go back to yoga
  6. Investigate what exercise classes are being offered at the MAC this semester
  7. Plan weekly meals (I stopped doing that, too)
  8. Be aware when I start to give-up and FORCE myself not to.
Ok, I think that is what I needed to say (mostly to myself). Now I REALLY have to go write class lectures.





No comments:

Post a Comment