Sunday, April 24, 2011

Physical therapy update and more.

Hi peoples,

Look it is me - blogging. I really have to be better about this... I need to put it on my "things to do list" each day. I cannot believe it has been so long since I last wrote. SO here is a recap of what has happened in the last 3 weeks.

  1. I have progressed nicely in physical therapy - I now have 4 weeks more of strengthening exercises. These will be to get my neck & back strong and help keep my neck aligned. I am so glad I only have to go 2x/week now. My wallet thanks me.
  2. My Dr. is really pleased with the improvement in my left arm range of motion and that my left arm is no longer numb (I have to say I am really happy about that, too.). She has approved the 4 weeks of PT mentioned above. She ALSO told me I she wants me to start doing yoga & Pilates. She wants me to build a stronger core, get my body longer, leaner, and stronger, and into proper alignment. All of which will help me with keeping the bone spur/pinched nerve troubles at bay. I am also supposed to start back with water aerobics... something about reducing my pounds per square inch. So, I gotta get on that.
  3. This semester is keeping me busy. My HIST1311 has started and is moving along smoothly now that I put down a rebellion. Some students were complaining about the course & gathering supporters. But all is quiet on all fronts now.
  4. I booked my flights to Europe. I am going in to London & out of Paris... more on that event later.
So this brings me to where I am today. I have a paper to finish, a paper to start, archives expeditions to plan, lodging to procure, and and article & a dissertation proposal to write. Oh an did I mention the FORTY-FIVE lectures I have to write... and a blog, too apparently - HA!

And I keep meaning to get one of those nifty signature blocks for my blog...

Mylynka

1 comment:

  1. Yup, you're gonna be one busy sista for a while. Take it easy and remember getting rest is just as important as exercising.

    *still holding that passport* Please let me have the golden tickets! I'll do all the research, just tell me what you need....

    ReplyDelete