PT today wore me out! I did 12 minutes on the arm bike (6 forward & 6 backward) to warm up then was given 6 different exercises with resistance bands. I did one set of reps with the lightest band (yellow) then one set with the next higher resistance (red).
- A shoulder shrug type exercise with my shoulders pinched together while stand on and hold the resistance band in each hand (25 reps)
- A triceps exercise with the band around a pole.(15 reps)
- One where I pull the bands straight back with the band around a pole (with my arms at a 90-degree angle) (15 reps)
- Standing on the band and pulling a straight arm up in front of me to shoulder height (15 reps each arm)
- Standing on the band and pulling a straight arm up to the side to shoulder height (15 reps each arm)
- Standing on the band and doing biceps curls (15 reps each arm)
- Overhand throwing a small weighted ball (red) against a small trampoline set at an angle and catching it as it bounced back to me. (25 reps each arm)
- Holding a larger weighted ball (blue) and doing presses out from my chest (25 reps)
- Presses above my head with the same ball (25 reps)
Speaking of working out, I think I am going to go to my 1st Heavyweight Yoga class tonight - provided I am not too sore from PT and there are no heinous storms.
So today I have:
- Eaten a healthy breakfast
- Worked out
- Logged my meal & exercise on my Livestrong MyPlate
Happy Monday Y'all!