Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My own personal HELL.

Lupe's brother is coming to town this weekend and bringing home a new girlfriend and her 6 yr old daughter. They want to go to Hurricane Harbor (the Six Flags water park in Arlington) on Saturday...UGH! I have been agonizing about going for 2 reasons: 1) I am very, very fair. HELLO! Red hair. Freckles. I will fry in minutes, even with my SPF 50! and 2) BATHING SUIT IN PUBLIC!!

Now, I have a new bathing suit that I had to purchase in Toledo because we were supposed to go to the yacht club to swim. So I was doubly tortured by a) having to go to Wal-Mart, and b) try on & purchase a swimsuit!!

Swimsuits.

Wal-Mart.

It was my own personal HELL!

And swimming at the yacht club... yea, that NEVER happened.

So, I have a god-awful swimsuit. It probably isn't that bad, but let me just tell you, swimsuits for the plus-sized are well.... terrible to begin with, then you add the quality of Wal-Mart, well you see where I am going with this. Most plus-size suits of decent quality that I had looked at previously run in $100-$150 range. My Wal-Mart suit was one of the most expensive on the rack... a whopping $32.... and it has a skirt.

A skirt.

On my swimsuit.

This is how I knew it was time to make a change. I have become so fat that my swimsuits have skirts...

So me, my skirted suit, and my gallon jug of SPF 50 will be sitting under some sort of awning/covered picnic table on Sat. Of course, I can take comfort (?) in knowing that the obesity rate in the United States is so horribly high that I will not be the only size 24 in a bathing suit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment