Ok, so yesterday I made my mind up to make changes, and as Dani pointed out in her comment to my first post, I need to make small ones. I used to be the type of person who tried to make all the changes at once (I am gonna take diet pills, drink 88oz of water, exercise 2hrs a day, only eat baked chicken breast and veggies.... ugh!) and that is one of the reasons I have continuously failed. My biggest problem with myself is that I know what I need to do to be healthy, I just don't do it. That is because LAZY TRUMPS EVERYTHING! Lazy is easy.
So here is a list of things that I should do (and WILL do in the coming weeks/months/years) - in no particular order:
- Drink more water - I like drinking water so this is really no problem, I just have to DO it.
- Exercise regularly - I have a habit of exercising for about 2 weeks then quitting; I don't know why I quit.
- Get 8 hours of sleep - I am a night owl. This is about to change when Lupe's work schedule shifts to 6:30am - 3:30pm.
- Stop eating late at night - this should easily rectify itself for the same reasons as above.
- Eat 5+ servings of fruits/veggies a day - I love fresh food, good food, even raw food. I am not that picky of an eater. I am just lazy and convenience foods are made for the lazy.
- This is a hard one - Spend less time in front of the computer/TV - I have to make a REALLY conscious effort here. I love socializing and the 'net has made it SO easy to while away a few hours chatting to various friends scattered about the globe. I don't watch a lot of TV, don't even have cable... so this is really about the time I spend online. There, I said it.