Sunday, May 22, 2011

Happy anniversary to me (and to Lupe, of course)

Today is our 1st wedding anniversary. I cannot believe a year has WHOOOSHED by so fast! Where did the time go and what the heck have we been doing?!?!

We spent a lovely 24hrs at The Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, TX. It was spectacular! We had cocktails. We had massages in their spa. We had an absolutely fabulous steak dinner with a marvelous Argentinean Malbec, and ended the meal with dark chocolate souffle (for me) and carrot cake cheesecake (for him) and coffee. After that we wandered back over to the Texan Station Sports Bar to catch the end of the Mavericks- Thunder game. It was crazy on a 53' TV screen!

We went back to our room where they had done a rose petal turn-down on our bed & opened our bottle of well-chilled champagne. This morning after a nice sleep in and more champagne - we ambled down to the Riverwalk Cantina for a superb brunch buffet! IT HAD A CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!! :D

We were sad to leave the resort, but you know, you have to face reality eventually!

When we got home Lupe went to see his family & I took care of my online students. When Lupe come back he had dinner, 18 red roses, and stuff for ice cream & brownies. It has been a great weekend and I ate, drank, and was pampered.

Back to my regularly schedule life tomorrow.... PT at 7:30am and yoga tomorrow evening. YAY!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. I'm so happy for the both of you. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete